Bodrum: Ataturk Cad. Dere
Sok. 6/A 48400
Ph: +90 252 3133888
Gokpinar: Mumcular, Bodrum
Ph: +90 2523735750
Mobile: +90 533 3655906
USA: Sarah Laidlaw, Aegean Journeys
Toll free: 800 783 7579
Mobile: +1 530 3057499
UK: Esmee Ertekin
Ph: +44 770 9582279
All CaravanTurkey Services are sold by Morning Tour Travel a member of the
Association of Turkish Travel Agencies (Licence No 3378) since 1996.
Dolma (stuffed vegetables with rice)
3 medium tomatoes pureed in a blender or grated
1 onion grated
Small handful dill chopped
Small handful flat leaf parsley chopped
1 tablespoon dried mint
1½ cups rice
20 vine leaves
3 medium eggplants cored from top leaving base sealed
6 small green bell peppers cored from top leaving base sealed
3 zucchini peeled and cored from top leaving base sealed
1. Wash rice and mix with fresh herbs, mint, onion, tomato, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
and 1/3 cup olive oil. Rest for 30 minutes.
2. Three-quarter fill a high-sided pot with water and bring to boil. Remove from heat, add vine
leaves in one bunch and soak for 10-15 minutes until malleable then remove from water.
3. Fill eggplants with water and 1 teaspoon of salt per eggplant and soak zucchini in salted water
for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and then fill eggplants, green peppers and zucchini with filling until 1cm
from top. Place upright in a
4. Vine leaves: remove any stem poking out from the end of the leaf and then lay flat (vein side
up). Place ½ teaspoon filling on each leaf at the base near the stem. Fold the left and right side
across the center line (should be about 3cm width). Beginning from the stem end, roll towards
point, tucking in sides as you go.
5. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons salt over vegetables and carefully pour 2 cups boiling water into pan
6. Cover pan, place on stovetop on high heat and bring to boil, turn heat down to a gentle simmer
and cook for 40 minutes.
7. When cooked through, remove from heat and spoon remaining juices over stuffed vegetables.
Cool slightly before serving. Can also be served cold.
Note: This recipe is also good when you add mince and/or pine nuts to the filling.